Duct cleaning in Wisconsin is an important part of maintaining air quality and removing contaminants from ducts. This posts answers some of the most common questions that homeowners ask about duct cleaning in Wisconsin, including price, benefits, and when duct cleaning should be done.
How much is duct cleaning in Wisconsin?
Unfortunately, there is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question because every home is different. The cost depends on the size of the system and home. Homeowners can get a firm price by contacting a duct cleaning service in Wisconsin for information on prices and services.
Why should homeowners consider duct cleaning?
It is estimated that Americans spend as much as 90% of their time indoors. Air duct cleaning cleans every inch of air ducts in a home, ensuring that the air circulated in the home is clean and free of contaminants. The benefits of cleaning include:
- Removal of allergens. Cleaning ducts removes mold, dust, pollen, pet dander, and other common household allergens so they do not recirculate in the home.
- HVAC system efficiency. Duct cleaning removes build-up in the HVAC system that can shorten the life of the system and cost more to operate. Clean air ducts ensure the HVAC system runs efficiently and yields cost savings in monthly energy bills.
- Cleaner air. Some family members may be more sensitive to contaminants circulated in dirty ducts, especially those with respiratory illnesses, asthma and allergies.
- Less odors. A quality cleaning removes items that may cause odors, such as mold, mildew, varmints, and cigarette smoke.
Homeowners can get more information about cleaner air ducts by contacting a local duct cleaning service in Wisconsin.
What happens during duct cleaning?
Quality duct cleaners inspect ducts and vents, then vacuum and flush ducts. In addition to a system cleaning, homeowners should change furnace filters on a regular basis to trap allergens before they enter the system and ensure that their HVAC system is working efficiently. A quality duct cleaning service leaves the system better than it was when they got there.
When should duct cleaning be done?
Duct cleaning can be done as a regular cleaning task to maintain air quality and minimize severe allergy and asthma symptoms. It’s also a good idea to clean air ducts after a remodeling project because air ducts can become saturated with construction dust. Many homeowners opt to have their vents cleaned after purchasing the property so they can start their new life at the home with clean ducts free of contaminants from the past owners. There are also other circumstances where duct cleaning is needed:
- When dust or other debris is blowing out of vents
- When there is a noticeable odor coming from HVAC vents
- When mold is visible on vents
- When there is a rodent or other varmint infestation
Many duct cleaners can also clean out dryer vents, which reduces the risk of fire.
How to choose a good duct cleaning service in Wisconsin?
Wisconsin homeowners and landlords need to be careful. Unfortunately, there are a number of individuals who advertise high-quality duct cleaning services, but deliver subpar services and leave homeowners with damaged HVAC systems and vents.
Fortunately, there are several ways to select a quality duct cleaning service:
- Research the service online. Check social media and online review sites for comments from past customers. Reputable duct cleaning services should have listings on reputable sites like Facebook and Yelp, and a full list of customer reviews.
- Ask the right questions. While it may be tempting to focus on the price, ask the service other questions to determine if they are experienced and reputable (i.e. how long have you done duct cleaning, what kind of equipment do you use, do you carry insurance, can you provide testimonials).
- Be wary of amateurs. Always be careful if the duct cleaning service does not have a business address or phone. Unfortunately, if the price and promises seem too good to be true, they probably are.