Vinyl floors are just one option for your bathroom.
If you fit into any of three categories: 1) you’ve made a New Year’s resolution to get rid of that old nasty bathroom flooring, 2) you have given up trying to clean the grooves of that old bathroom floor, or 3) your bathroom needs an inexpensive update to bring it into this era; then you’re on the hunt to find the perfect floor that is ideal for the unique challenges that come with bathroom flooring. Because of the moist environment, bathroom floors need to be mildew resistant and tough enough to handle water spills. Here are the top contenders ideal for your bathroom:
- Tile. Ceramic or porcelain, doesn’t matter. Both kinds of tile are mildew resistant. They are also easy to clean and look beautiful. Ceramic and porcelain comes in virtually any color, and can be installed in a square or diagonal pattern.
- Slate. Slate is a stone with a variety of colors and strengths. It also comes in large and small square tiles, and as long rectangular tiles for a modern look. Best yet, slate is durable and stain and water resistant, making it ideal for your bathroom.
- Vinyl plank. Want the look of wood without the fear of a water spill? Vinyl plank flooring is your answer. With the durability, affordability and water resistance of vinyl, and the look of a wood floor (you can’t tell the difference!), vinyl plank flooring has a lot of benefits for any room in your house—including the bathroom.
- Vinyl sheet. We would recommend vinyl sheet flooring in lieu of stick-on tiles. If water gets under vinyl stick on tiles, mold can form. Vinyl sheet flooring is water resistant, extremely affordable and durable. In addition, vinyl sheet flooring comes in almost any shape and color, and can mimic tile flooring so closely you almost can’t tell (until you touch it).
- Radiant floor heating. We know radiant floor heating is not technically a type of flooring, but radiant floor heating is ideal for Midwestern homes. Radiant floor heating keeps your feet warm, and can be installed under almost any kind of flooring. If you want tile floors that are warm in summer and through our cold Wisconsin winters, radiant floor heating is right for you.
When you are ready to purchase your bathroom flooring, or if you have any questions, stop in at one of our Y’s Way Flooring locations in Watertown, Oconomowoc or Lake Mills, email us your questions or ask us your questions on our Facebook page. We’ll help get you set up with new flooring that’s perfect for your bathroom and lifestyle.
Do you worry about water spills on those hard wood floors? Consider vinyl.
Love the look of wood and laminate flooring but hate dealing with water? If you have a solid wood floor or laminate flooring, you know what we’re talking about: it’s that terrified dive for a towel or rag any time you see water near your wood floor. The hot new flooring trend, and answer to homeowners’ fears of water damage on wood, is vinyl plank flooring. With the look of real wood, and immunity to warping from water damage, vinyl boasts many more advantages:
- No one realizes it’s not wood until they practically lie down on it. We’re serious. We recently installed a new vinyl plank flooring at a customer’s, and unless you physically lie down on it, it looked like wood.
- It’s indestructible. Vinyl plank flooring is durable and tough, making it ideal for homes with pets, kids and messy cooks.
- Vinyl plank floors are affordable. With a low price per square foot, vinyl plank flooring is one of the most affordable flooring products in the market.
- You can install it yourself. Many vinyl plank flooring products snap together, making it suitable for DIYers who want a new, durable flooring they can install themselves.
- Easy to clean. Have a spill or pet puddle? Wipe up your vinyl plank flooring with a rag, and mop your messes away.
Because you don’t have to worry about water, you can put vinyl plank flooring in the kitchen and entryway without worry while enjoying the look of real wood. But don’t just take our word for it. Stop in at any Y’s Way Flooring to see the new vinyl plank flooring products. We’ll even let you lay on it so you can tell it’s vinyl, and we’ll keep it a secret from all your guests that come in oohing and ahing over your beautiful, new wood floors.
It’s time to set realistic New Year’s resolutions that you can (actually) stick to. While everyone else is making plans for their new workout schedule or starting their diet, you’re looking for New Year’s resolutions that you can fulfill. Look around you. What better resolution to make than to improve the functionality or aesthetics of your home? Resolutions like:
- I will get my taxes done. The sooner you get your taxes done, the sooner you can get that tax rebate to get your carpets cleaned or replace the flooring in your kitchen, bathroom, bedroom…
- I will get my carpets cleaned. Even if you have a stain that you are sure can’t be cleaned, give it a try. Call the professionals and watch them get those carpets looking like new again—saving you the cost of new carpets and removing allergens from your carpets.
- I will not worry about water damage. Are you terrified of water hitting and damaging your wood floors? Replace those wood floors with vinyl plank flooring, which looks like wood but can withstand any water that spills.
- I will get new window coverings so my toddler sleeps in. Desperate for a good night’s sleep without your early morning toddler wake-up call? Have custom blinds installed in your toddler’s room that darken the room, look great and can give you the sleep you desire.
- I will house train my puppy. The sooner you finish house training, the sooner you can have those carpets cleaned or replaced and those stains gone forever.
- I will stop ignoring that nasty hallway. If the carpeting in your hallway is stained, or the wood flooring is buckling, look into a remnant. Remnants are carpet that is left over and bargain priced. And while you can only buy what’s left on the remnant, it’s enough to replace the carpeting in your hallway, office or spare bedroom for a low price.
- I will finish my basement. Give your family another space for fun as a cold, wet Wisconsin winter sets in. Use our blog post to decide what kind of flooring works in your new basement space, and get the ball rolling on your new space.
- I will get my mudroom organized, and ready for nasty Wisconsin weather. Give your mudroom a face lift. Install new flooring that can handle sand, mud and snow.
- I will update my kitchen. Updating your kitchen doesn’t have to mean a complete overhaul. Update your countertops, and install a new backsplash for a new look. Once you’ve decided on your new countertop surfaces, choose a backsplash that fits your taste—and your budget.
- I will give my wood floor a face lift. Making your wood floors look new doesn’t always mean purchasing new wood flooring. Find out if your wood floor can be refinished so it looks like new again.
Studies have shown that only 8% of people who make New Year’s resolutions actually fulfill them. Don’t be like the 92%. Head over to Y’s Way Flooring today to start researching what floor works for your project, so you can get started—and get done—with your New Year’s resolution project.