We received this gift via email from one of our recent customers, Jason:
“Yesterday we had new carpeting installed in our spare bedroom. The quality and professionalism that this company shows is bar none. A couple years ago, we had carpet installed in our main bedroom and staircase by a previous competitor in Watertown. The carpet they installed was their mid grade selection. When shopping around, we went to your store and wanted an inexpensive carpet for this spare bedroom.
When I got home yesterday and walked on the new carpet and the carpet that was installed previously was like comparing apples to oranges. We learned a lesson, go with the best first, Y’s Way. Cannot be more happy with the service as well as the price!! Thank you!”
Thank YOU, Jason!
THANK YOU to all our customers for your support his year! We appreciate your business, positive reviews and referrals. Thank you for sharing our Facebook page posts and stopping by our stores in Watertown, Oconomowoc and Lake Mills. If you need flooring in 2015, please stop in at one of our Y’s Way Flooring locations. We’d be honored to assist you as you look for vinyl plank flooring, hardwood, tile and carpet, carpet cleaning and window treatments.
Happy Holidays from all of us at Y’s Way!
Going down your gift list and checking it twice? Finding friends and family members on your list who are hard to shop for? Sick of giving gift cards? Look no further for inspiration. We’ve got practical holiday décor gifts for the hardest gift recipients:
- Carpet Cleaning for the cleaning fanatic, for the new homeowner or overwhelmed parent. As you can see, carpet cleaning is the perfect gift for quite a few people on your list.
- Blinds for the parent who wants to sleep in. Have a new parent on your list who is tired from waking up with their toddler every morning? Have some compassion. Purchase darkening curtains for their toddlers’ room so everyone is happy—and getting enough sleep.
- Window treatments for new homeowners. For a couple building a house or a friend or family member that just bought their first house, this is the gift that helps their budget and the look of their new house.
- Area rug for the owners of a new wood floor. Did your gift recipient just splurge on a new wood floor? Do you have a family member who is decorating a new nursery with a wood floor? Get a custom area rug made to protect their floor, and cushion their feet.
- Blinds for a new sun porch, or for just about anyone that wants to relax in peace. Need a gift for a dad, grandpa or anyone who loves to relax (or nap) in the sun room or enclosed porch? Or for a loyal TV watcher who wants the light but not the glare? Blinds are the solution for both problems.
- New carpet for that old bedroom carpet you ruined at your parent’s house. Did you leave behind nail polish and soda stains when you moved out? Replace that old carpeting in your parent’s house so they only have good memories of your time at home.
- Duct cleaning for the allergy sufferer. We’ll acknowledge that this is not the most glamorous of gifts, but for an allergy sufferer, the absence of sneezing, wheezing, itchy eyes and inhalers are the gift that keeps giving.
- Upholstery and/or carpet cleaning for the pet owner. Have a friend that considers their pet their baby? Make their carpet and furniture cleaner, while still safe for Rover and Prissy. Y’s Way Carpet Cleaners use natural cleaners that can eliminate the pet stains and keep their baby happy and healthy.
- A rug or flooring for the man cave. Does your man need a sound insulator for his new theatre room? Or are you tired of hearing yelling from his new sports space? Does he need a blanket to relax in his man cave? Look into new carpeting or a carpet remnant for his man space.
- New flooring to replace that tile, carpet or linoleum she hates. Your significant other has tolerated that old flooring for years. Bring a smile to her face by giving her the gift of carpet, wood or tile flooring that she likes.
The best news: you don’t need to run around to a ton of different stores to get the perfect holiday decor gifts. Just stop in at Y’s Way Flooring in Watertown, Lake Mills or Oconomowoc, and all your shopping can be done—a win-win for you and your hard-to-shop-for gift recipients.
Keep those floors beautiful this holiday and all year.
As the old song says, “it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas.” Unless you live in a box, you’ve seen the signs: the holiday lights on all the houses, Christmas trees on top of cars and trucks, and a full blanket of snow from Jefferson to Watertown to Fond du Lac and every Wisconsin town in between (and north). While the signs of the holiday are beautiful, they also wreak havoc on your floors. So how do you protect your floors from the joys of the holidays?
- If you’re getting a real tree, buy floor protection. Believe it or not, it’s not expensive to protect your carpet, wood floor or laminate from the watering that comes with a real tree. Buy a round, plastic protector from any hardware store so the water doesn’t damage your flooring.
- Rugs, rugs, and more rugs…and towels. If you have a laminate or wood floor, water from melting snow is the enemy. Keep rugs by all exterior doors for your guests and family to clean off their feet, and keep a towel handy to clean up any stray snow spills. If you have a dog, clean off paws before they enter the house.
- Carpet clean after the holidays. Get rid of the stains from Grandma’s wine and all your holiday parties as soon as possible so the stains don’t set in permanently. Don’t just rent a carpet cleaner from the local store—use a professional service that can get those deep stains out. If another family member is hosting the holidays, give them a thank you gift for all their work: a professional carpet cleaning.
- Protect your wood floors from scratches when moving furniture, tree and decorations. This is one of the cheapest, and most important, ways to protect your laminate and wood floors: felt pads. Make sure you have felt pads on the bottom of your chairs and furniture when shifting things around. Use caution when moving anything around to prevent scratches.
- Vacuum and dry mop regularly. Keep your carpet in shape with regular maintenance. Dry mop your hard floors, and sweep to keep the dirt and grime at bay.
If you can, ask your guests and family to take off their shoes at the door so snow and dirt doesn’t get tracked through the house. If you have any questions about protecting your floors, or about new flooring to replace damage, contact Y’s Way for assistance. Just remember: a little bit of prevention goes a long way toward keeping your flooring gorgeous through the holidays and into the New Year.